Here's what I learned today:
1. Powdered eggs last 5-7 years. You should keep it in a cool dry place with the lid on after opening.
2. Powdered eggs will save you money. Most #10 cans have about 226 eggs and the average price is $17.00 which makes 1 dozen 94 cents. We did a group order and with shipping and all we paid $16.00 a can so my eggs are an even better value!
3. 1 Tbsp.= medium egg and 2 Tbsp. = extra large egg
4. Benifets of using powdered eggs are no egg shells, they are pasteurized so no worry if you want to lick the batter, save you time because you do not have to wash your hands after cracking an egg, and you can half an egg if you need to half a recipe and have an odd number of eggs.
Some things I found on Crystal's site that I find helpful about powdered eggs:
1. Breakfast handout- great information and recipes that use eggs.
Some recipes I want to try uing powdered eggs:
What I take away from this lesson:
I need to order some more powdered eggs to use with my regular recipes because it really saves money! I also learned how long they last. When our church ordered them someone asked that question and nobody knew the answer.
Questions I still have after this lesson:
After reading my new Emergency Essentials catalog, I noticed that there are seveal different powdered egg products like egg whites, scrambled eggs, etc that I need to look into more.